Can the Wrong Epoxy Flooring Company Really Hurt Your Business?
In our articles, we usually try to achieve a few different things: First, we want you to understand the benefits that make REDRHINO an industry leader in epoxy flooring; second, we want you to understand the advantages and details involved with epoxy flooring as a whole; and finally, we want to be sure that you avoid working with the wrong company so you won’t have to regret the decision later.
Occasionally, we meet with new potential customers who wonder whether or not this risk is being blown out of proportion. After all, can the wrong epoxy flooring company really do any damage to your business?
They can, for a few important reasons:
The wrong epoxy flooring company can cause you excessive downtime. A lot of epoxy flooring companies like to promise quick installation times, but could end up taking extra days (or even weeks) when it’s time to actually apply the coatings. That means extra time that your business is out of commission, or that other projects are held up, while you wait.
Improper installation of epoxy coatings can void manufacturer warranties. Although the warranties on epoxy coating products themselves tend to be lengthy, the actual process for redeeming them can take even longer. That’s because manufacturers will want to verify that epoxy flooring was installed under the right conditions, especially in regard to temperature and humidity. The wrong vendor can easily avoid any protection you would’ve otherwise had with poor installation or bad record-keeping.
The wrong epoxy flooring installation can render your facility unsafe. In a lot of businesses, installing epoxy flooring isn’t just about aesthetics, it’s also an issue of safety. But, when coatings aren’t applied correctly (or floors aren’t properly prepared), your flooring might not be as safe as you think, leading to concerns about injury and liability.
You may end up paying twice for the wrong epoxy flooring installation. When epoxy flooring isn’t installed correctly, it isn’t nearly as durable as it should be. As a result, you could end up paying for it twice – once now, and again when you have to replace it in a couple of years.
Tips for Hiring an Epoxy Flooring Contractor
When it comes to projects like epoxy flooring it is imperative to hire a trustworthy professional. Failing to do so may result in disastrous consequences that can prove to be needlessly expensive in the long run. Read on for a few tips for hiring an epoxy flooring contractor.
Whenever you hire a contractor for any reason, research is always a crucial step of the process. It is important to make sure that your epoxy flooring contractor is qualified for the job and experienced enough to be able to complete the project in a successful and efficient manner. Talk to your friends and family members who have worked with an epoxy flooring contractor who they liked, and look at online review sites to find unbiased opinions on the work of different contractors. These processes will allow you to filter out any contractors who may make a habit of doing subpar work.
Once you have narrowed down your list of potential contractors, the next step is to set up a meeting. This gives you the opportunity to get to know your potential contractor of choice and find out important information. Discuss the length of time the contractor has been in business and the insurance that he or she provides; there are a number of different types of insurance that are important in this type of situation including property damage, worker’s compensation, and personal liability.
Even if it is not required by state law, it is always a good idea to have a written agreement that details your arrangement with your contractor. This should include the contractor’s name, schedule, address, and warranty information. Always look over your paperwork carefully so that you are completely sure about the terms you are agreeing to.
10 Things You Should Ask When Hiring an Epoxy Flooring Company
There are lots of epoxy flooring companies out there… or at least a lot of companies that say they can apply the right coatings to your retail, industrial, or commercial workspace. But, once you look a bit closer, you find that there are some important differences between the different companies and contractors you can work with, and that the very best tend to stand out for their quality, service, and value.
To help you choose the right provider – and see what makes REDRHINO such a respected leader in the field – here are 10 things you should ask when hiring an epoxy flooring company:
1. Do you specialize in epoxy flooring? Many of the companies that offer epoxy flooring installation don’t specialize in it. Because urethane can be so difficult to work with, though, you need a team of experts that knows how to get critical temperature, humidity, and application settings correct before they begin.
2. How much time will it take to install my epoxy flooring? An experienced epoxy flooring team can tackle even big jobs quickly, without cutting corners or failing to prepare surfaces correctly. If the project is going to take too long, look for a team with the right tools and more specialized experience.
3. Can you work around my business schedule and/or employees or customers? It isn’t unusual for the REDRHINO team to apply epoxy flooring in the middle of the night, or through a long holiday weekend, because that’s when employees and customers aren’t around. Don’t accept anything less from another company.
4. Can you apply specialized types of epoxy floor coatings? Epoxy flooring isn’t just a single product; there are many different types that can be used for slip resistance, to prevent the spread of bacteria, or just showroom durability. Choose a company that understands the differences and can give you the flooring you need.
5. Do you have experience with my industry? REDRHINO has worked with auto showrooms, pharmaceutical facilities, food preparation plants, manufacturing centers, industrial zones, aircraft hangars, and many other types of projects. You should only work with an epoxy flooring company that understands your industry and needs.
6. Can you work with logos and designs? The right vendor will be able to integrate existing logos, designs, and color schemes, making them look even better with epoxy flooring.
7. Do you offer any guarantees for your epoxy flooring work? Because epoxy flooring can be easily damaged with the wrong installation, manufacturer warranties are notoriously unreliable. That’s why you want to work with a company like REDRHINO that offers specific guarantees for quality and durability.
8. What kinds of companies have you worked with in the past? We’ve had the privilege of working with a number of national and international businesses in the past. The fact that companies like Hilton, CVS, Whole Foods, and Citibank trust REDRHINO speaks volumes about our value and commitment to service.
9. Can I hear from your other epoxy flooring customers? Any epoxy flooring company with a great track record is going to be happy to share references and testimonials with you before work begins.
10. How competitive is your pricing? Contrary to what other companies might tell you, you don’t have to sacrifice your budget to get the best epoxy flooring – you just have to work with the right team.
There are other questions you could ask about epoxy flooring, but these 10 questions should give you a good start, and help you find the company that’s right for your project.
What Makes One Epoxy Flooring Company Different From Another?
When a lot of business owners and facilities managers go looking for professional epoxy flooring, they simply turn to the Internet and look for the lowest-cost provider they can find. That’s understandable, given that they probably don’t know a lot about their options, but it isn’t generally a good idea.
That’s because, surprising as it might be, there are major differences between the epoxy flooring companies you’ll find in any city across North America. While many advertise the same services, and might say they use the same types of coatings and sealants, the reality is that you have to be very careful about how you make your choice and spend your money.
Here are some of the biggest differences between different epoxy flooring companies:
The epoxy flooring products they use. Not all flooring chemical combinations are the same. Think of it the same way you would a medication, where some dosages are more potent and effective than others. Businesses like REDRHINO only use the best, so you won’t regret your decision later. Other lower-end companies like to cut costs, though, because they don’t plan to be around later when your flooring runs out.
Expertise with epoxy flooring. Another thing that often surprises new customers is the level of detail and planning that’s associated with properly installed floor coatings. To ensure that your flooring is going to last, you need someone who knows how to clean and strip flooring, assess the room, and even create the right temperature and humidity combinations to install the coatings. Otherwise, it doesn’t matter whether you use the best epoxy flooring products or the worst, because they won’t last for very long.
Warranties and quality guarantees. For the reasons mentioned above, epoxy flooring product warranties are notoriously difficult – install the flooring at the wrong time or under the wrong conditions, and you’ve already voided the warranty before you’ve even begun. That’s why you need a dependable business working on your behalf, and one that can stand behind the work they do. That way, you know that they’ve done their job correctly… and that they’ll be around if you need follow-up service in the future.
Hire a Team That Gets it Right!
We will understand if, when you sat down to make your 2014 New Year’s resolutions, epoxy flooring wasn’t the first thing that jumped to your mind. But, if you want to have a showroom, manufacturing center, or retail space that is as safe, attractive, and durable as possible, it is something you should give a little bit of thought to.
In fact, we recommend that you make hiring the right epoxy flooring team one of your goals this year.
Because a lot of our first-time clients don’t understand how epoxy flooring works, they naturally assume that working with one company is as good as choosing another. What they all quickly learn, however, is that choosing an experienced epoxy flooring installation team doesn’t just make a difference, it makes all the difference.
That’s because, strong and durable as they might be, the chemicals we use for epoxy flooring are actually quite fragile and fickle when they are being applied. If things like temperature, consistency, and even humidity aren’t all carefully managed, the coating won’t work the way it’s supposed to… or last nearly as long as it should. Additionally, it’s important to have any floor working space correctly prepared before epoxy coatings are applied.
When it comes down to it, having the wrong company apply your flooring could lead to a waste of money, or even important safety hazards. So, how do you choose the right epoxy flooring partner to work with?
Here are a few quick guidelines to help you get started:
• Remember that experience and service are easy to talk about, but hard to demonstrate; you want a business with a long-trusted reputation.
• Look for an epoxy flooring company that has been trusted by major retailers and brands around the country.
• Keep in mind that lots of contractors advertise cheap epoxy flooring installation, but won’t necessarily be there to back up the “lifetime warranties” they offer.
• Speaking of lifetime warranties, know that epoxy chemical warranties can easily be voided if you can prove that flooring wasn’t installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines, so choose a vendor that can protect you.
Most business owners and building managers didn’t think about epoxy flooring when the clock struck midnight on New Year’s Eve. But, if you want to get the most value for your money this year, make sure you make choosing the right team one of your most important resolutions.
If you want the very best in epoxy flooring service and installation, don’t take any chances – call a member of the REDRHINO team today at 800-806-5508 and let us show you how we use the best products, and experience with epoxy installation, to give you floors that will still look great years from now.